Solar Hot Water Installation WA
Solar hot water systems have the least running costs of any hot water system, and considering the fact that Western Australia has an average of 8 hours a day to generate hot water, solar hot water is the logical choice for homes.
Rinnai – Therma Coupled Systems and Split Systems
Rinnai solar hot water systems come in two different forms – Therma coupled systems and split systems. Both require little maintenance and are long lasting.
Therma coupled systems place the tank and the collectors on the roof. The heat in the water forces the cold water out of the tank and through the collectors, leaving the hot water behind for usage.
Split systems place the tank on the ground and the collectors on the roof.
The water is pumped up to the collectors and flow is controlled thermostatically
Both systems are installed with 2 booster options. The first is a thermostatically controlled electric booster and the second is a Rinnai Infinity gas instantaneous hot water system.
Collector Options Available
Rinnai also provide 2 options of collectors on the roof. The first type (and most common) is the ‘panel’. These are generally about 2m high and 1m wide. They use copper risers running between two black panels, in order to heat the water. This system is better suited to the Perth climate.
The second collector Rinnai provide are the ‘evacuated tubes’. Evacuated tube systems have a number of tubes that have risers feeding up and down the length of each tube. Each tube fixes to a header that is connected back to the tank.
STC Federal Government Rebates
All solar systems receive a Federal Government rebate, known as an STC. STC is short for Small Scale Technology Certificate.
STCs are granted after testing of a system, in accordance with the efficiency of each system. Each brand and size of system offered for installation receive various numbers of STCs.
Rinnai solar systems receive the most STCs over other brands, due to their high efficiencies. The Australian Government offer this system in order to encourage people to use a green emissions-friendly source to generate hot water.
The STC’s are deducted at point of sale on a full installation. STCs for supply only and ‘Plonk Ons’ are treated in a different method.
The major benefits of buying a Rinnai solar from Hearth House are:
- Rinnai systems get higher STC’s so you pay less
- Rinnai systems are more efficient so less need to boost the water
- Rinnai systems do not over heat and drop the water – saving costs
- Hearth House can provide Finance options for your purchase
- If you are swapping a solar to solar, you don’t have to do brand for brand
- You still get STC’s when doing a solar to solar
- Hearth House will give you better prices than a plumber on a solar hot water
- Hassle free installation by qualified plumbers
- Rinnai frost-free units do not need glycol
- The Rinnai gas booster is a Rinnai Infinity
- The average life of a system is 15 plus years – that is more than a gas storage
- Rinnai warranty the tank for 5 years
- Rinnai warranty the panels for 7 years
- Hearth House offer a 5-year warranty on our installation labour
- Yes, we take the old system away
|Mid Size Replacement||Mid Size New Installation||Large Replacement||Large New Installation|
|Vitreous enamel tank, close coupled, on roof||200 litre||200 litre||330 litre||330 litre|
|Enduro Panels||1 panel||1 panel||2 panel||2 panel|
|Suits||Individual or couple||Individual or couple||Family||Family|
|Installation type||Solar to Solar||Full||Solar to Solar||Full|
|Price installed inc GST|
|Less STCs at $38 per STC zone 3|
|Price after STC|